Followers

Friday, May 7, 2010

60th Birthday!!!

Doesn’t seem possible that I can be 60 years old. I’ve never thought much about age and I still don’t think I will but looking at it in writing makes me know that I’m probably not considered middle aged anymore! I had a wonderful birthday. On my birthday, April 19th, the people at work decorated my office to the max, had a food day and harassed me all day long. They had fun and the food was good. Then on Thursday the 29th my mother, sister, Kim, Nicole, and me of course took off for Park City, UT to spend the weekend in a condo with Julie, Amy(babies - Preston, Noah), Christy, and Ashley. Ashley came from Minnesota, Christy and Amy came from Sacramento, and Julie came from Orem. I’m so greatful that so many husbands let their wives go for 4 days and took over the care of the children it was so nice of them. Thanks guys! We thought the weekend in Park City would bring us outdoor events like bicycling, zip line, snowless toboggan, etc. Well sadly it snowed and rained all weekend. But fortunately Park City is home of the OUTLETS so we didn’t want for things to do. We shopped on Friday, on Saturday we went to SLC and shopped and then came back and went into the old part of Park City and wandered around. Found Amy a awesome bracelet for her “B” day which was the 3rd. It was just nice having family close for 4 days! We ate the best food and enjoyed each other. Nothing beats being with family. In my 60 years I’ve learned a few things with a lot more to learn I’m sure, but what I have learned is in this life we are each continually changing. I’ve learned that we are given certain challenges because that is what we need. Some of my challenges I’ve passed through and learned a great deal from and some of my challenges are ongoing and I’m learning but not fast enough. Some challenges hang around to remind us that we don’t have it mastered yet. I’ve learned my children mean more to me than I would have ever thought possible. Each one is unique and I wouldn’t trade them for anything in this world. When I think of how much I love each of my children I think of my Heavenly Father and his love for me. Nothing can teach you about his love more than your children. I’ve learned grandchildren are the icing on the cake. It is like getting to have your children young again without the responsibility…. Love it! I’ve learned I like to work, I like to be busy, I like a challenge, I like to create with fabric, dirt, food (wow)! I’ve learned I need to be more patient, that is probably the hardest thing in my life is trying to be patient. I see very little progress in that area! Good thing I have a few more years left to work on it as I’m going to need them all. Thanks to all of you for making my Birthday so fun!

No comments: