Followers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lost my MaMa!!!

Nothing like a light refreshing snow to make me sit in my office and look outside and think about how blessed I am. I'm thankful to be the mom of 6 wonderful children and the wife of a very sweet caring man. I'm excited about the upcoming holiday. Thanksgiving should be a lot of fun with all the kids being home except for Darren and his family. Hopefully the weather stays nice so no one chickens out (Wayne!!)...
We had a scare on Monday which as I look back is rather funny but it wasn't at the time. I had gone with my boss to pick up prizes for our Christmas party so was out of reach on my cell phone because I can't hear it when it is in my purse.... I know I should turn it up but I don't know how as I just got a new one and it is beyond me on most of its features. Anyway, Dick had tried to call me 8 times so I knew there was a problem. I tried calling him and there was no answer so I called Colleen as she had called me also. She said Dick thought mom had had a stroke as she was confussed and her face was drooping so he had taken her to the ER and she was on her way there also. I had my boss drop me at the ER and met up with Colleen but Dick wasn't there yet. We waited a few minutes then decided he must have taken her to the other hospital so Colleen ran up there and I waited at the Billings Clinic for him. She cam back as he wasn't there and we decided he must have had car trouble or changed his mind so we went out to the house but he wasn't there. So, back to the Clinic thinking we must have just missed him. But still he wasn't there when we returned. I called Nicole she called St V's to make sure he wasn't there. I called Devin had him out driving up and down any possible streets he could have taken in case he had a accident. I called the sheriff to see if any accidents had been reported involving a Ford Explorer. All of this turned up nothing and we were going on two house that they had been missing.... Finally it somehow clicked with me and I told Colleen maybe he had taken her to Same Day Care so we ran over there and sure enough he had and they had her in doing tests on her which all came back fine and she is fine.... The doc said he wasn't sure who was confussed when Dick brought her in her or Dick... But I am just thankful he is there with her and he did notice there were some questionable signs.

1 comment:

The Wynia Family said...

Wow, I didn't know that the day had been quite so eventful